30th Conference of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports

2-6 July 2012

ISBS 2012 Melbourne International Society of Biomechanics in Sports

Visa Information

Under Australia's universal visa system, all visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival). To visit Australia for a business event such as a conference, meeting or seminar, you need to apply for a business visa. The passport which you hold determines whether you can apply online, or if you need to lodge a paper-based application.


Passport holders from eVisitor eligible countries are able to apply individually online at http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm for authorisation to travel to and enter Australia.  These include:


Andorra * France * Lithuania Republic of San Marino *
Austria * Germany * Luxembourg * Slovak Republic
Belgium * Greece * Malta * Slovenia
Bulgaria Hungary Monaco * Spain *
Cyprus Iceland * The Netherlands * Sweden *
Czech Republic Ireland * Norway * Switzerland *
Denmark * Italy * Poland United Kingdom - British Citizen *
Estonia Latvia Portugal * Vatican city
Finland * Liechtenstein * Romania

* Eligible passport holders also have the option of applying for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) through their travel agent, airline, specialist service provider or an Australian visa office outside Australia. Note, an eVisa is free, however travel agencies may choose to impose a fee to arrange an ETA on your behalf.


Passport holders from ETA eligible countries are also able to apply for a visa online to travel to and enter Australia at http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ These include:

Brunei Singapore
Canada South Korea
Hong Kong (SAR) Taiwan
Japan United States of America


Other passport holders should contact the conference hosts after they have registered at info@isbs2012.com to obtain appropriate documentation (letter of invitation, confirmation of registration). Please include a scanned copy of your passport and your residential address in your email. You will need to complete a paper-based application (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/456.pdf) for a Business (Short Stay) visa (Subclass 456) and lodge your application at your nearest Australian visa office to your current place of residence (http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/index.htm).


An information sheet from the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship can be found here or you can access more information from the Australian Department of Immigration.